Thursday, December 24, 2009

Method 12: Reflection and Evaluation

A Dozen Ways to Two-Step: Essential Web 2.0 Training for Texas Librarians has been a great way for me to get my feet wet with Web 2.0. I now feel more literate and able to answer questions that my patrons ask about these technologies. I am happy that I will be able to use what I have learned to make my library more efficient and up-to-date. Using RSS Feeds and reading other librians', futurissts, and technologists' blogs will keep me current. Using wikis will help in my collaboration efforts. Delicious will help me to organize the many wonderful sites I find and it will also help me find new sites--I will share with my teachers, students, and parents so learning will be more fun and relevant for my students. Computing in the cloud opens up a whole world of opportunity for me, personally and professionally and will impact my library in ways I have seen in this training program and in ways that I haven't even thought of yet. I would definitely take part in this program if it were offered again. It would be especially helpful to me if there was an extension of this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment